At Scotia Square Dentistry, our patients receive comprehensive dental exams performed by our qualified Edmonton dentists.
What is a Dental Examination?
At your first appointment, your dentist will perform a full examination to establish a baseline for the state of your oral health. For future appointments, we highly recommend visiting us at least twice a year to maintain your oral health.
Request An Appointment
Your exam generally takes place during a preventive hygiene appointment. During the exam, your dentist will check the following:
- Examination of Diagnostic X-rays: Check for decay, tumors, cysts, bone loss, tooth and root positions.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of gum (periodontal) disease.
- Examination of Tooth Decay: Check all tooth surfaces for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
General Services at Scotia Square Dentistry
« Go Back