At Scotia Square Dentistry in Edmonton, our new patients receive a comprehensive dental exam performed by their dentist during their initial visit to our office.
What happens during a dental examination?
During your first visit to our Edmonton dental office, your dentist will perform a full examination to establish a baseline for the state of your oral health.
During your exams, your dentist and dental hygienist will perform the following procedures and checks:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Get in touch if you have questions about Dental Exams
« Go Back